Carmona Public Market Inauguration
The Inauguration of Carmona Public Market took place last February 17 where it was lead by Fr. Aguie Baas, Engr. Amador B. Alumia and the honorable municipal mayor, Hon. Roy M. Loyola.
Some of the guests invited to witness the said event were Gov. Bong Revilla, Cesar Sarino (GIS President), Epimaco Velasco, Mayor Edwina Mendoza of Naic, Mayor Leon C. Arcillas of Sta. Rosa, and Mr. Doy Sanchez. It was also attended by well known actor/politician Efren Reyes Jr., and prominent people like Engr. Lydia Barsolaso (PREMIUMMED); Mrs. Myrna Razon and Katsumi Onda.
The Inaugural message was delivered by the Hon. Roy Loyola were he cited the advantages and benefits the new Carmona public market would bring. In his speech, he proudly pronounced this project as fulfillment and dream come true for the Carmonians where they can claim it as their very own. Meanwhile on the latter part of the event, Gov. Bong Revilla lighten up the crowd as he warmly congratulate the Carmona people.
Ten Most Outstanding Citizens of Carmona
Ten outstanding citizen were given a plaque of recognition, Carmona’s traditional practice held annually.
All candidates were screened based on their personal backgrounds and achievements.
List of Ten Outstanding Citizens for 2002 Municipality of Carmona
1. Noel M. Alumia – In the Field of Music For his untiring talent and inexhaustible effort in honing his musical gift which won him innumerable praises and adulation from his peers and townfolks. His conducting prowess grained recognition and placed Brass Band 46 in the forefront, winning titles in different competitions. Through his t tutelage, many young people who were band members were able to avail of scholarship grants from high school to college thus ensuring them of better future.
2. Francisca D. Bucles – In the Field of Education For her selfless dedication to education by spending her life in its upliftment. By founding Colegio de San Jose, she has manifested her continuing commitment in the delivery of high quality to the youth of Carmona.
3. Natividad G. Contemprato – In the Field of Responsible Parenthood In recognition of her genuine love and selfless dedication to her family. Her unceasing moral guidance provided an impeccable trail of her children all degree holders and successful in their chosen profession, a glaring example worth of emulation.
4. Dr. Porfirio E. Hebron, Jr. – In the Field of Health Service For his continuing commitment in the delivery of high quality health service. As dynamic medical practitioner, he opted to serve the people of Carmona rather than taking advantage of the greener pasture the foreign lands can offer him. His selfless dedication won him laudable admiration from his peers and townfolks particularly his flexibility in dealing with the needy patients.
5. Bernard M. Ledesma - In the Field of Business For his enterprising concept and skills that brought success to his business which started from the sale of coco lumber. His incomparable determination and self reliance enable hone to gain success in his business that won for him countless admiration and financial reward.
6. Reynaldo D. Mafe – In the Field of Leadership For his dynamic leadership and selfless dedication as President of the Federation of Senior Citizens of Carmona that contribute immensely to the attainment of countless benefits for the elderly. His continued service and valuable efforts serve as the moving force and inspiration that propel the members to achieve more despite their age thereby gaining for them the feeling self-worth
7. Wilfredo D. Manarin – In the Field of Agriculture For his continuing commitment in enhancing the productivity of our agricultural lands through sheer hard work which contributed immensely in the Municipality’s economic status. His selfless dedication to agriculture by which he raised and nurture his children is worthy of emulation. As the well meaning President of the Farmers Association, he has been instrumental in giving the members opportunities to enhance their production by providing them the knowledge, skills and other needed resources.
8. Franie Maquinay – In the Field of Youth Sector For his unwavering effort in exemplifying the dynamic youth of today. His achievement which include becoming the Past National President of the Philippine Junior Jaycees typify the strength and power of the youth despite adversities.
9. Carmona Barangay Health Workers – In the Field of Community Service For the continuing commitment and selfless dedication in the delivery of voluntary service which increased the awareness of the community in the noble programs of the Local Government Unit. Composed of dynamic workers, this group is instrumental in the provision of primary health care service most especially to the indigent members of the community.
10. Domingo R. Tenedero – In the Field of Government Service For his years dedicated service to the government. He has been leading different committees in the Sanguniang Bayan and sponsored resolutions gearing towards the realization of the noble programs of the Local Government Unit. He is always ready to defend the cause of the government and the interest of the people that he represents.
Cavite State University (CvSU) satellite Campus in Carmona Opens on June 2002
The Cavite State University satellite campus in Carmona, Cavite is now accepting application for college students for the school year 2002-2003. The campus will initially offer the following courses:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Education
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management
- Bachelor in Secondary Education
- Bachelor in Industrial Technology
- Diploma in Industrial Technology
For almost four years of long wait and perseverance, the CSC Resolution No. 002767 finally accredited the Carmona Municipality as CSC (Civil Service Commission) Accredited Agency. Signed last December 11, 2000 with its effectivity last January 1, 2001.
The awarding ceremony was held last Jan. 19 at the Penthouse of the Carmona Municipal Hall lead by Dir. Rebecca A. Fernandez and Dir. Vilma B. Altea. They awarded the granted resolution which were gratefully accepted by Atty. Rosalinda O. Camba.
It was in year 1996 when the personnel audit started the investigation in Carmona Municipal Hall as part of the process in Civil Service Commission Accreditation Program. The said program aims to properly organize the record management of all the government offices, it also aims audit maintenance of documents such as the 201 files, leave cards, time cards, and others. It also grants the municipality in full authorization when it comes to appointments.
Among the accredited municipalities in the province of Cavite are Rosario, Cavite City, Indang, GMA, GMA Water District, Silang Water District and Carmona.
Carmona Organic Demo Farm
The Carmona Organic Demo Farm was established on the last quarter of the year 2001 and was inaugurated last February 20. It is situated near the Carmona Public Market in Brgy. Maduya, Carmona, Cavite with the total area of 17,000 sq. meters.
This project was funded by the One-Million Peso Counterparting Program of the Department of Agriculture and the Local Government of Carmona.
The farm will showcase the most modern plant breeding methods, which will include hydroponics and greenhouse productions. The farm will have fishponds for tilapia production, a poultry for Kabir chicken (a kind of chicken that weighs 7 kilos), a nursery for ornamental plants and several plots for vegetable production.
The project aims to show that under proper conditions and management, we can produce chemical free vegetables. Further, this will also show the effectivity of the municipality’s waste management program by putting into our own Ecocenter. This will also serve as training grounds for farmers in the introduction of organic farming in their own backyards.